Practices and games are in Scotts Valley and San Lorenzo Valley. Coaches select practice locations based on their preference. All teams have a mix of SV and SLV players. Some players practice outside their geographic preference.
- U6 coed (4 & 5 yr olds) practices on Fridays with games on Sunday
- U8 (6 & 7 yr olds) typically practices 1x per week with games mostly on Saturday
- U10 (8 & 9 yr olds) typically practice 1-2x per week with games mostly on Saturday
- U12 (10 & 11 yr olds) typically practice 2x per week with games mostly on Saturday
- U15 (12, 13, & 14 yr olds) typically practice 2x per week with games mostly on Saturday
- U19 coed (15-18 yr olds) typically practice 2x per week with games mostly on Saturday
Unfortunately, we don't know practice schedules until the end of July. Before you register, please understand that switching teams or refunds are not be permitted even if training sessions are inconvenient. Refunds are given if requested by June 1.
The program requires a bit of family flexibility. Our 800+ families commit without knowing the day, time, and location of training.
Coaches select a practice time of 3:30, 5:00, or 6:30 and the day(s) (Monday - Friday) to practice. Once selected, the team schedule is typically the same for the entire season.
Rec teams start practice around the first week of August. Some teams start later due to coach’s schedule.
Games start the weekend after Labor Day and season ends before Thanksgiving. We schedule games for 70-80 teams each weekend. U8 - U19 play on Saturdays (some Sundays) throughout the day. U6 has games Sunday afternoon.
Game schedules are posted by mid-August. U12 and older may take longer as we coordinate schedules with other county teams. U12 and older play away 3 to 5 games at other county fields in Santa Cruz, Aptos, and Soquel.
This is the most frequent question. Unfortunately, we cannot provide practice days and times before you register. Before you register, please consider that switching teams or refunds are not be permitted even if practice times are inconvenient.
The program requires a bit of family flexibility. Our 800+ families commit without knowing the day, time, and location of training. Here's why.
Your volunteer coach selects a practice slot at the end of July (after you registered) and after teams are grouped. We always have more players than coaches and are forming teams before we "find" a coach.
Coach recruitment starts in April, most coaches commit in July (after you registered). Coaches select practice slots based on their preference/schedule.
Practice slots are not selected first come, first serve. This would discourage late coach recruitment efforts. Instead, we hold a Coaches Meeting in mid-July. At the meeting, we give coaches their roster and coaches draw a random number to determine their order for selecting a practice slot.
We no longer accept buddy and schedule requests. What started as a dozen carpool requests peaked at nearly 500 special requests when we moved to online registration. The volume and nature of requests became impossible to manage with our limited volunteer staff.To complete registration, you must "agree" to the following:
- Registration should not be made contingent upon placement to a specific team, coach, field or time.
- Practices (U8-U19) can start at 3:30, 5:00, or 6:30 in Scotts Valley or San Lorenzo Valley. U6 practices are at 3:30 or 4:45 in Scotts Valley.
- If you volunteer to coach, you select a practice time and field that works for your schedule. We offer coaching classes, equipment, and support.
Procedure: 1. Register player and pay fees in correct age group 2. Submit play-up request form (under "RESOURCES" tab) 3. If request is not accommodated, you may request a refund.
- We do not have enough coaches to place all players that registered on time.
- Sometimes we have only a few players waitlisted, but there are not enough to create an additional team. This is particularly true in older age groups as rosters have more players.